Skip to main content

How does exercise improve your mood?

How does exercise improve your mood?  

This question is easy to answer by looking at the results of the many studies that evidently explains the outcome of exercise on mood. While many studies have been conducted, there is a dearth of research regarding how particular types of exercise impact mood.

healthy body

A healthy body stimulates a healthy mind.

 It’s a persuasive testimony that has been around for decades. Do you know that scarcity of movement leads to the brain to be “sedentary.” A lack of physical activity causes the brain to be less productive, and less capable of handling stressful circumstances. A lack of physical activity and activity may cause negative moods.



That being said, as a runner, my mood has been incredibly improved throughout my life. Running is simple–it provides a feeling of accomplishment and, most of all, a feeling of release. There is a release of pressure, there is a release of stress, and, with running, you can find your happiness.

However, there are many more factors that contribute to our mood than just exercise. Diet, sleep, and hormones are all factors that must be taken into consideration.

How exercise improves mood?
I am always looking for ways to improve my mood and my life. Besides a variety of ways to make your day more productive, I’ve found that running is a great way to achieve both. This article will outline the ways exercise improves mood.

Healthy sleep

1) Exercise promotes more productive sleep

Running allows you to get an uninterrupted amount of sleep. This is a huge plus because a lack of sleep can make you act crazy. While some people need seven to eight hours of sleep every night, I’ve found that most people can handle sleeping for six or seven hours. That is exactly how I schedule my day. I wake up at 5:30 a.m., and run three times a week before work. The rest of my week is dedicated to work, rest, and running. That’s it.



By focusing on sleep, I have more energy during the day. It is only noteworthy during winter. Even though I’m awake from 4:00 to 8:00 a.m., I don’t care because I’m going to get three times my usual amount of sleep. I’m not only able to maintain the same amount of energy, I’m actually able to become more productive.

Another benefit of exercise during sleep is the ability to recover your energy. When I wake up in the morning, I feel like I have done a day of work! It helps me focus and be more productive throughout the day.

mental health


2) Exercise improves mental health
By the way I schedule my week, I’m able to take advantage of running as my mental health outlet. Exercise gives me a way to decompress after a stressful day. That same stress can cause a lack of focus during the day, and if you do not have a way to release that stress, you will be more stressed throughout the day.



Running is the perfect way for me to cope with my stress. For one, running is a mentally demanding activity. You have to think. You have to manage your form. Running is an ideal way to take your mind off your stress.

When I get home, I’m able to walk around my house, clean, go on YouTube, call friends, and do almost anything. I’m able to calm my mind, and I’m able to relax. That relaxation is essential to managing my stress. As the months go on, running becomes my therapy. It doesn’t hurt that running also helps me increase my productivity!

mental growth


3) Exercise promotes your mental capacity

Running for hours on end can give you a sense of accomplishment. It allows you to push yourself through a mentally demanding situation. I like to think of it as a “mental push”. Running helps me keep in the mind that I can beat the next obstacle.

I use the mental push from running to accomplish goals. During the last month of my training, I felt compelled to get my running on. I’ve set three new goals for myself: run a 5K, run 20 miles (32.19 km), and run a full marathon. All three goals require mental drive and endurance.


Running allows me to feel accomplishment when I finish each of these goals. I look back at these as personal accomplishments, and I’m able to see just how far I’ve come since last year. My mind and body are stronger from these challenges. It allows me to push myself, which is an essential factor for achieving personal goals.



4) Exercise makes you happy!

While my brain may be active during a run, my mind is still very content. Exercise does not put you in a trance. You are aware of your surroundings, and you are able to take in a lot of information. During a run, you can read books, watch YouTube videos, and listen to music. This is all done without stress or distraction.


When I finally stop running, I have a calm mind. It feels great! Running is the perfect way for me to be able to relax in the middle of my workday.

happy life

5) Exercise relieves depression

I’m sure there are countless studies on the effect that running has on depression. I can’t speak on all of them, but I will give my personal experience.

For years, I’ve been dealing with the signs and symptoms of depression. I have found that exercise is the only thing that will help me get out of it. When I exercise, my body is happy! The more the body is happy, the happier the mind becomes.

It’s been convinced that exercise relieves depression. Exercise has been proven to improve mental health as well. There are several ways that exercise can help you improve your mood. I hope you enjoy this blog and will add up the exercise in your daily life alongside with other activities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 good habits that are musts for the students

Healthy habits for students Staying healthy is one of the most important things you can do to ensure that you can succeed in your studies. It isn’t always easy to stay healthy, especially when you are a student with limited time and budget. If you are looking for some tips on how to stay healthy, here are healthy habits for students. Healthy Students are Happy Students!  The health of a student is essential to their ability to learn and concentrate. A healthy lifestyle can help a student be more focused, leading to better grades and a more productive student. Many times, students will fall into unhealthy habits because of their busy schedules. In school, students are often tired from waking up early, going to school, and studying. When students get home from school, they are often extremely tired from a long day and don’t feel like exercising. It is super important that students make time for exercise, sleep, and healthy foods. So, here are five good habits that are musts for the stude

Stress Relief Activities for Adults in the Workplace

Stress relief activities for adults in the workplace We have made a list of stress relief activities for adults in the workplace. These activities help to relieve stress by focusing on the positive side of working in the office. The key is to focus on the positives about working in an office to help you relax when you return home. So, try to deal with stressful situations with these stress relief activities for adults in the workplace. 1. Play fun office games One of the great things about working in an office is you are not required to go outside to play games like you do when you play basketball or football or soccer. You can enjoy the various games you have sitting at your desk at work. Some examples of fun office games are a. Hide the Egg This is a straightforward game you can play with anyone in the office. Simply pick up an egg and hide it under your desk. The person you pick on must then try to find the egg in the same time you have hidden it. The person who finds the egg first